Followers

Tuesday 7 February 2012

WIPocalypse February - with a twist!

February has come around really fast! It seems like 2 minutes since we were all ringing in the new year!

For my WIPocalypose post there is a slight twist! Nothing is ever simple with me!

My first pic - Avarice. Here she is as she stands after the last IHSW and a bit more besides:



Getting there with her - slowly but surely. I have largely put her down for now.. further explanation down the post!

Pic 2 - an actual finish! I found this kit and I had done a few stitches so I decided to finish it and add it to my WIPocalypse:


A vary sweet small alphabet sampler with ducks and a lovely rose topiary.

My 3rd.. a progress pic. I picked this up having done the black and white on it but he looks less gloomy now!



I love Eeyore. Who dosen't??

My last pic is my twist... I decided to downgrade my stash so  this month I made a massive effort sorting out stuff for ebay and I have (so far) this much... after putting 15 items on ebay already here is what's left to do:





Kits, a frame that I no longer use, chartbooks. embellishments., charms.. all that stuff. Need the funds as we discovered a few urgent jobs to be done around the house.

So there you have it. While I haven't been stitchy stitchy I have been WIPocalypsing... I see a good old clearout as a completion of a task I have been wanting to do and just not got around to it. I have been gridding fabric for a friend too as I can do that almost without thinking about it!

Happy Stitching everyone!

xx

9 comments:

  1. such lovely stitching projects..i love them so much..
    happy stitching xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely progress, the bird sampler is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute finish and progress on your other wips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work, Nicola! Things are looking great. And congrats on having the strength to downgrade your stash. I don't possess your willpower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work on your projects, I love Avarice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely stitching.

    I especially like your alphabet sampler.

    ReplyDelete